Reports to: Directors / Team Leaders
• Interpret and understand the design brief
• Produce all documentation relating to the design including;
– 3D models
– All other documentation relating to the design and according to the project brief.
• Assist the Team Leader and team with the co-ordination of the project team and Project program.
• To develop and be responsible for certain aspects of the project design and development (for output and programmed work (i.e. deadlines)
• Liaison with External Consultants, Contractor/Site, Architects of Record as well as with the Client.
• Ongoing desire to stay updated on latest architecture and design trends and technology.
• Thorough knowledge of, and compliance with, all SAOTA systems, standards and procedures.
• Able to work within a structured document management system and be accountable for upholding that system.
• To contribute, or otherwise assist as required to provide project teams with a full Architectural service covering both presentation and contractual material
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND CRITERIA
• Registered as a Professional Architect
• Minimum 5 years work experience.
• Project experience: Minimum of three project types and completed a min. of 2 projects in last two years. Involvement in all stages of project scope
• Project experience in multi-disciplinary projects in SA / abroad for min 1 year
• Project Experience: Min. two years’ experience in financial management and profitability. Familiarity and intrinsic awareness of performance / profitability
• Ability to coordinate multinational project teams and clients
• Ability to work in a complex multi-cultural / language environment
• Identifies and shares innovative ways of improving current systems and processes
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Displays above average leadership skills.
• Ability to manage a team of six core staff for a minimum of three years
• Ability to understand and formulate design concepts and present for discussion
• Ability to use a variety of media and software in the development and documentation of a design project
• Creative and produces world class designs
• Exceptional leader and collaborator in innovation, design and displays good design skills
• Design lead on 50 – 70% of sub-team projects
• Ability to accurately understand and interpret instructions.
• Understanding of the production process, including applications of different file formats
• The ability to learn and demonstrate creative problem-solving skills
• Able to set and achieve deadlines and give regular updates on progress
• Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail
• High levels of communication and easy to work with. Excellent clear and succinct thinker.
• High accuracy levels in decision making.
• Possesses good judgement.
• Leads SAOTA relationship with private / institutional clients.
• Clear Vision and Strategy (company and team)
• Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
• Able to remain calm and work in pressurised environments
• Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
• Demonstrate initiative and be pro-active towards daily tasks
• Able to build good relationships at all levels both internally and externally
• Due to the nature of the position there will be a requirement to work additional hours as necessary, this may include weekends occasionally
• Enthusiastic and positive attitude towards personal growth and development in the company
• Directly involved in team selection and recruitment.
• Day to day operational management of teams
• Team player
• Empowers Team and mentor’s peers
For the full job specs and to submit your application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are recruiting for a temp Team Admin Assistant to cover a Maternity leave position for 4 months.
We are looking for someone with good admin skills, shows attention to details, a team player, a quick thinker and someone that will fit into the SAOTA culture.
Please send your updated CV to email@example.com.
SAOTA is currently recruiting for 3rd year graduate students to join us in 2020. We are looking for ambitious and goal driven Architects. Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org